The Story about Failing


“To live would be an awfully great adventure”

.


Since I was 8, I’ve always thought that one day, I’d become a doctor. I’d study in a local university and graduate to work at a local government hospital. All my dreams were shattered when I went to high school and started studying Science. It was so hard that I actually got B for both Biology and Physics during my SPM. Being the first born, people around me expects the best from me. Getting B grade for SPM was a big no-no. And I got 2 Bs. Hence my first ‘failure’. 😭

.

Somehow along the way, I was sucked into the world of language. The English language to be precise. And I loved it. It was difficult, but at least I was doing something I was  passionate about.

.

Time passed by and during my A2 exams, I actually got a bad result and decided to repeat one of the papers. Devastatingly, the results for my repeat paper was even worst. So, my second ‘failure’. 😭 Then, I went through the A-Levels exam, and while my results weren’t the best, it was still my ‘rezeki’ to fly overseas. I chose New Zealand and it was one of the best choices I had ever made.

.

New Zealand was amazing. I met new people and gained new friends. I can honestly say that we go there for the experience, the adventure and the society. For multicultural countries like NZ, you’ll learn about the various cultures within the country and see their lifestyles; how they adapt, coexisting among people from various cultures, societies background, religions and etc.

.

However, alongside my ‘happy days’, just like any normal university student, I did fail some papers and it had to be repeated. That’s my third ‘failure’.

.

After each failure, I cried, and cried, and cried. Life felt horrible and I was miserable. It was like, I fell into a deep hole with no way of escaping. But, after going through all that, I survived. Time changes you. Your perspective, your attitude. The failures you face makes you who you are today.

.

The main point here is, YOU’LL BE OKAY. Failures are frustrating and devastating, but you CAN get through it.

.

“Allah does not burden a soul beyond it can bear...” ~ [Quran 2:286]

.

You’ve got this. Trust me. 

Popular posts from this blog

Kotak Hati :)

PLEASE, Focus on the Bigger Issues First.

Top 5 Weird Things that Malaysians Really Don't Get in New Zealand.